SUPER TASTING SUPER FOODS FOR SUPER HEALTH: Kickin' Kale Salad
· 1 bunch kale (black kale is especially good), stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
· 1 lemon, juiced
· 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
· Kosher salt
· 2 teaspoons honey
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1 mango, diced small (about 1 cup)
· Small handful toasted pine nuts, about ¼ cup (the toasting releases flavor)
In a large serving bowl, add the kale, 1/2 lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with honey and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Stream in the 1/4 cup of oil while whisking until a dressing forms, and you like how it tastes (how you blend it really affects the chemical reaction).
Pour the dressing over the kale, and add the mango and pine nuts. Toss and serve.
Your body, your doctor and anybody who tastes it will thank you!